Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Patience

Waiting is a part of life. You may not like it, but Time doesn't care. This wait adds weight. A weight that some, though frustrated, cannot brush off.

Do you see now the reasoning behind my blog title?

I created this blog to hopefully offer insight into how I view life. Maybe that will inspire others to do the same, maybe it won't. It's ok. It doesn't have to. I'm not looking for fame, and I'm certainly no author. This is just my life. Simple, but it is.

Jobless - yes. Beardless - no. Well. Every once in a while.

This is me. Clayton Earl Gill. A recent graduate of Middle Tennessee State University's Recording Industry program. GREAT program, awesome school, etc. No job market however. And not just in the recording industry - it's everywhere. Unless you're in healthcare.


This is my room. This is where I spend approximately seventy-five percent of my day. No, I'm not lazy (I actually have a routine for each day), it's just I cannot enjoy what lies outside of these walls without having to pay a gas station, a movie theater, a grocery store, and/or any other combination of large or small businesses something to entertain my time. 

Ahh! Speaking of time and business. Long ago (ok, not really...more like the fall of 2008) I decided I ought to put my entrepreneurial skills (and minor) to good use and start up my own business. I approached the man I felt was right for the partner position, Mr. James Warren Saxon III, and he decided to jump in head first with me. 

TAP Music Group, LLC is an official business. No lie. The aforementioned room is my office (sadly). We have a MySpace (myspace.com/TAPmusicgroup) and a website coming soon. We host three clients with a different array of creative services. Our current clients are:

Scarlett Classic
Garreth Spinn & The Shadow Figures
Saia Strange

If you didn't read the logo, we offer artist management, booking, music publishing, and music business consultation services. I don't want to get into more specifics on the company, so if you're more interested, email: tapmusicgroup@gmail.com or clay.gill@yahoo.com 

This is an intro blog and they always seem to turn out awkward and you don't know what to say or if you should brag or be humble or this or this...OR OR OR! So what. Be proud of yourself, but not full of pride. God gives you talents so use them to the full advantage of ensuring yourself or others peace. I do not condone becoming a tool through the use of your own talents. Do not use your talent to argue and persuade to manipulate others and lie. Do not use your talent to lead others to boss them around. Do not...well...just don't be a bad person. I know everyone has conflicting views of what a "bad" person is...and I explain more on ethics and my beliefs later. You may like them or you may not. But I think a person that states their beliefs actually deserves more credit and acceptance than those who do not. That's just me. Simple, but that's just me.

So today's word of wait is: Patience.

The ultimate word of wait. The epitome of what waiting is all about. In my opinion patience is a core value that isn't taught enough in today's society. In fact, the opposite is. The world has gone ADHD. Patience leads to tolerance, tolerance leads to confidence, confidence leads to respect, and respect leads to love. 


No comments: