Friday, February 6, 2009

Clarity

Today's word of wait is: clarity.

This one...or this one? Once again. Better...or worse?

It has been brought to my attention that my blogging efforts apparently aren't making much sense. Yes, I tend to ramble sometimes. And yes, I tend to stray off key from my core subject. So I apologize. My overall effort, though, is hopefully getting through.

My goal: I want at least one word, one sentence, or one thought to provoke you into thinking about things a little differently. Take, for example, the eye chart pictured above. In general, it's a bunch of letters that line up row-by-row and size-by-size. Overall, however, it produces a tool that's useful for every day practice. 

I know that there's a big picture to everyone (and apparently it scrambles some people's minds), but really what I want you to walk away from your computer screens with is even a glimmer of positivity and hope - be it one word, sentence, verse, or thought. It's all about the "particulars" lining up with the "universal" ideas (thank "The Truth Project" and Dr. Del Tackett for confusing you on that subject, not me).

You see, every day that goes by is a blur. Lining up the particulars (the every day moments that make up your day and/or life) and the universal ideas (the fact that it's just "another day" to live through) is difficult living at the speed the world lives in, much like I spoke of yesterday. Not seeing how the day is made up, or what it is made of, allows us to miss the important details of existence. This is when we need clarity provoked in our lives. God utilizes events in your life to clarify details of what He'd like for you to do.

Don't miss them. Don't miss my point. And if I allow you to miss it, that's my failure. So I only hope and pray that I type the right thoughts, to form the right phrases, in the right order.

I will indeed work on my clarity, just remember to work on yours.

G'night.

Current Music: Jeff Cyrus/Opie Howard's Untitled; Track: "All You"

No comments: